Friday, November 17, 2023
Adult day care services have been provided for over 35 years at its Wilton Manors Adult Day Care Center, located at 1503 NE 26th St., Wilton Manors. Trained professionals care for adults requiring supervision during the day, including those with Alzheimer's or other dementia disorders. Nutritious meals, socialization, music therapy, exercise, and games are among the services provided in a safe and secure environment. Free adult day care services also are available to eligible individuals. For Information, please call (954) 630-9501.
Unaccompanied Refugee Minors Program is looking for adults to become foster parents to refugee minors. The requirement to be a foster parent include:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Be able to provide adequate bedroom space and a separate bed for each foster child.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Be willing to participate in a 30-hour free training.
- Be prepared for adults in your household to undergo complete background checks.
- Be able to meet basic resources to support the household.
Catholic Charities provides 24-hour case management, monthly stipend to help with the care of the refugee minor or youth, continuing education and more.
For more information, call (305) 883-3383 or visit www.ccadm.org.